Sunday, June 15, 2008
PANAMA
Well, I made it. In my hostel in Panama. It is so humid, my hair is going crazy. We landed and after an hour and a half waiting for customs I walked out to my driver. The hostel said they´d send a taxi and he even had a sign with my name (first time ever). My driver, Ronaldo, spoke only spanish but we had a nice little chat (yes, I managed to speak, horrible, yet comprehensable, spanish) He told me I am one of the few people, outside of fluent spanish speakers, who has ever had a conversation with him on a ride. Plus, I threw him off guard when I sat in the front seat. We are the same age and it felt wierd having him be my ¨driver¨as I sat quietly in the back, so I sat in front. I heard about his opinions on president Bush, imbasile translates well... he told me how surprised he was that I am a morena from Colorado (doesn´t imagine many people with dark coloring from Colorado I guess). I got to see some of the city at night, because the sun sets at 7pm here still. So far I am just camping out in the hostel, its not very busy, not many people here, I assume some are already out. Just a couple people hiding in rooms, the owner, and this really nice older biologist from Patagonia, Mario, who speaks beautiful fluent italian (we´re friends) who just got done studying sea turtles in Costa Rica. So far so good, I´ll probably go to bed soon, I am quite tired from the journey and head to the airport mid morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad your safe n sound, so your hair now looks like Ellie's?? HA! Take care, Tom
Post a Comment