Sunday, June 15, 2008

Houston International

Well, the first bit of the trip is on its way. I am currently in the abiss that is the Houston International Airport for the next 3 hours... layovers are not enjoyable. I am estatic to have started my journey. After several miserable hours of packing and re-packing last night I feel I FINALLY packed Most everything I need and want now I'm just ready to be there!

Tonight I spend the night in Panama City (if I ever get out of this GIGANTIC airport) at a backpackers hostel. I met a nice older man on the plane here who told me about how his daughter not almost 50 went to Panama City when she was in her 20s and LOVED it. I'm sure I won't be able to experience it like she did (in only 12 hours I'm there) but it was a nice way to pass the time of the flight. Hopefully I meet a couple interesting people in my hostel and am able to see a bit of the city. If not, I will get a good nights rest for my flight into Quito in the morning. Either way, I am so excited. The nervousness has passed me and I am looking forward to Ecuador.

No comments: