Well I have managed to avoid any stomach sickness (lucky lucky me) but instead i have a horrible chest cold. Bummer. Worst part is I recieved it right before leaving for Baños. So, update-
New Volunteer position-
I LOVE it... it's been unbelievable! I really enjoy my new placement. I work with 4 other volunteers, 2 girls who have been there a month and 2 newbies who came last friday. There are a lot more younger kids at this facility and they are adorable. The nuns are much much more organized then the people at REMAR which makes it much easier to be helpful. They have tasks to give the kids, games, activities, movies, things like that so that the volunteers are spending quality time with the kids. My newest project is painting a mural on the huge white wall on the outside of the building. It was painted white just days before I arrived (a sign??) so me and another volunteer are designing a mural that the volunteers will paint.
I am now living alone with Mercedes which has proved a great opportunity to speak spanish one on one. She moved back in the house with me... it's been nice! I might not move. We'll see.
This weekend I was in Baños, sick. It is similar to a Teluride meets, Boulder in Ecuador. It's filled with rafting, hiking, backpacking, bungee jumping, waterfalls, international food (even vegetarian options, which are impossible to find here) and coffee shops and yoga studios. I am moving. But seriouslly it was great especially because the girls we went with, me Dylan, Kendra and Meghan, (Kendra and Meghan) both studied here last fall and knew tons of people who live there. We got free guides all over. Even though I was sick i still hiked a lot and went out a little (which I'm sure didn't help) but was so so so much fun!
I will try and write more about my happenings soon, I have been in bed sleeping for the last 2 days and finally when to work today feeling a bit better. So we'll see!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment